Whether your business does not currently have an in-house General Counsel, or you just need to supplement your legal department, our firm is able to provide on-demand support for your day-to-day business needs. Our team includes attorneys who are prior in-house attorneys to private businesses of different sizes and different levels of maturity, and who understand the importance of managing a legal budget.
Small and mid-sized businesses often find that their need for legal advice varies not only with macroeconomic business cycles, but also based on changing internal priorities and special projects. In such a dynamic environment, it does not always make sense to hire a full-time, salaried in-house general counsel or expand an existing legal department. Having an attorney who is already familiar with the particularities of your company and unique business model, and who can provide on-demand advice can be a great way to have the familiarity and efficiency of an in-house general counsel without the fixed costs.
The standard hourly rate fee structure is not always the best fit for your company or for a particular project. We are always open to alternative fee arrangements that make sense for your business and our firm.
Services our clients often request as a part of the outside general counsel package include:
Business Formation, Governance, and Management
- Entity formation
- Operating agreements and governance documents
- Board meetings and minutes
- Policies & Procedures
Contract Review & Management
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Developing contract management policies
- Developing contract compliance programs
- Contract dispute resolution
Labor & Employment Law
- Non-Disclosure Agreements, Non-Compete Agreements, and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- EEOC compliance and litigation
- Developing and enforcing employee handbooks
Compliance & Risk Management
- Developing Compliance Programs
- Creating and understanding legal risk profiles
- Regulatory counseling and due diligence
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Enforcing your rights with another entity’s bankruptcy impacts your business
- Advice regarding bankruptcy protection, including single-asset real estate bankruptcies
- Workouts with creditors
Our attorneys can often spend time at your office location, working directly with your management team, so they can develop a direct relationship with your team.