Middleberg Riddle represents companies in all phases of the business life cycle, from initial formation to steady-state operations. The firm also counsels business clients seeking to dissolve, merge with, or acquire other businesses. Our team of seasoned business attorneys, regulatory and compliance professionals, former accountants, and business litigators have experience representing start-ups, emerging companies, and well-established, publicly traded institutions in a variety of industries.
Services we perform for our business clients include the following:
- Entity selection & formation
- Management structure
- Draft organizational documents, including bylaws and operating agreements
- Draft consent documents
- Provide guidance to boards of directors
- Draft shareholder agreements
- Secure trademarks and copyrights
- Draft non-disclosure agreements
- Advertising reviews
- Regulatory and compliance advice
- Regulatory and compliance audits
- Negotiate employment terms
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements
- Draft and negotiate non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements
- Prepare and review employee manuals/handbooks
- Draft and negotiate leases and purchase and sale agreements
- Advise on landlord-tenant disputes, property management issues, foreclosures and title insurance claims
- Assist with real estate financings
- Assist with zoning issues, environmental impact studies, permitting actions and land use planning laws
When counseling clients about legal options for their business, we understand that every business is different, with unique challenges and opportunities. We strive to assist our clients to understand the regulatory environment in which they operate, the risks and opportunities created by the applicable regulations, and help tailor their business entity, management structure, and compliance program that best addresses those risks and opportunities based upon their unique business model.
Give us a call if you have questions about business formation, governance, and succession planning, or about regulatory compliance.