HAL D. UNGAR is a native New Orleanian and Isidore Newman alum who completed his undergraduate degrees at Indiana University in 2004 majoring in Political Science and Jewish Studies. Mr. Ungar received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University in New Orleans in 2007 having served with honors on the Moot Court Staff as well as a member of the Maritime Law Journal. During Law School, Mr. Ungar clerked at the law firm of Ungar & Byrne, APLC.
Following law school, Mr. Ungar joined the law firm of Ungar & Byrne, APLC where he participated as lead counsel in depositions, discovery and motion practice, as well as second-chair counsel in trial practice in a variety of civil litigation matters including maritime personal injury, Hurricane Katrina insurance claims, toxic tort, general personal injury and workers’ compensation.
His current litigation practice is diverse and includes insurance defense, contractor negligence, toxic tort, admiralty and maritime defense. Mr. Ungar also practices in the areas of class action defense, general personal injury, employment and labor litigation including EEOC and NLRB matters.
Mr. Ungar is licensed to practice in Louisiana and Mississippi and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in both states as well as in the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Mississippi State Bar Association and the New Orleans Bar Association.
- Juris Doctor, Loyola University School of Law, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts, Double Major, in Political Science and Jewish Studies, Indiana University, 2004
- Corporate and Insurance Defense
- Employment Litigation
- Contractor Negligence
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Louisiana State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- All Federal District Courts in Louisiana and Mississippi
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Young Lawyer Division – Louisiana Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association