J.P. MORRELL, OF COUNSEL
Mr. Morrell has earned a respected professional reputation for not only his knowledge of the law and regulations, but also for building consensus and for effective advocacy. His focus area is legal practice on matters relating to insurance, health care, compliance and regulatory law, as well as environmental law, given his wealth of knowledge and experience in those areas. He is actively involved in the representation of clients with general commercial litigation issues in state and federal courts in both New Orleans and Baton Rouge and is currently serving on the Mayor-Elect's Transiition Task Force on City Contracting and DBE.
- Juris Doctorate, Tulane University Law School, with Certification in Civil Law
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Spring Hill College
- Insurance Litigation
- Health Care Litigation and Regulation
- Environmental Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Louisiana Bar Association
- American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL)
- Board of Directors, New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts (NOCCA)
- Founding Board Member, DesireNOLA
Mr. Morrell graduated from Spring Hill College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science in 2001. He received his juris doctorate from Tulane University School of Law in 2004 with certification in Civil Law, the Civil Code structure unique to Louisiana. Mr. Morrell currently serves as a member of the Louisiana State Senate. He is a New Orleans native, and resides in New Orleans, LA.