ALAN DEAN WEINBERGER
"It's not enough to convey to the client that one's counsel has been impeccably researched and is therefore fully informed. It's just as important to establish that intangible and hard to define measure of trust that engenders confidence in the lawyer's counsel. More than twenty years in the practice of law have shown me, in short, that, in the final analysis, and for a variety of reasons, it's the connections we build with others that prove most important to the truly accomplished, and blessed, professional."
Peer Review Rated: AV
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Tulane University School of Law, 1980
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Texas, 1977
- Corporate and Insurance Defense
- Industrial Catastrophe Litigation
- Professional Liability Representation
- Employment Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Maritime Litigation
- Municipal Liability Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Health Care
- Governmental Relations
- United States District Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Courts of Appeal, Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Committee on Environmental Litigation of the Section of Litigation
- ABA Standing Committee on Environmental Law
- Registered NBA Player's agent
- Federal Clean Water Act: An Encounter in New Orleans, Toxic and Environmental Law Newsletter (March 1988).
- Whither Gypsum: The Mississippi River and the Threat of Toxic Pollution, 3 Tul. Env. L.J. 41 (July 1990).
Mr. Weinberger was co-counsel for the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board in the Mississippi River gypsum case in 1986 and 1987. Mr. Weinberger was Moderator of a Joint Federal and State Workshop on Compliance with EPCRA, has served on numerous CLE faculties in the areas of Environmental Law and Lender Liability, has lectured for the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and helped organize and present a national program on Toxic Torts. Mr. Weinberger was instrumental in establishing important law in the United States concerning the proper forum for litigation involving the London Market. He is coverage counsel in Louisiana for the Environmental Claims Unit of one of the nation's top five P/C insurers.